Saturday, October 2, 2010

Foux seafood fried rice and tonights bento



I began to chop up the various vegitation in the fridge, which consistedof two small radishs, a small handful of tiny carrots, a qauter piece yellow bellpepper, and six snow peas cut on the bias. Getting my materials ready for making foux rice I found to my horror; NO SOY SAUCE! *screams* So I had to make a little alteration using worstisor sauce instead with my mixture of marin, sugar, and sake...the end result was good but not great...hunting around in the freezer I found some frozen shrimp and fake crab meat.

Hizzah! I added it to my veggies and tasted again...still missing something...rooting around in the spice cabinet I found cumin, ceyene pepper, and Chinese five spice. 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 tablespoon ceyene, and 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice. After that I added half a cup of water and the rice to soak up the left over juices of goodness.

BAM! Foux Seafood fried rice ala Pixil Doll! =p

I had two scoops of this along with a piece of pita bread I had made for lunch.

Tonights bento has foux seafood fried rice, the restof the tomato salmon from yesterday, daikon kimchi, some small cut up pieces of cantilop, and a strawberry for a cushon. =3

Another culinary sucess today! *claps*

Foodie forever
Pixil Doll

No comments: